Paid Finance Internship
The Michigan House Democratic Fund is seeking a thoughtful, driven, results-oriented Paid Finance Intern to join a team of passionate people working dutifully to win Michigan House races and to put our state on the right path forward.
During this selective 12-week paid fellowship program, finance fellows will learn and engage in cutting-edge political strategies. This program is designed to test, train, and develop a new class of Michigan campaign operatives and help to expand our campaign efforts across the state. Fellows with be given a monthly stipend and compensated for essential travel with prior approval.
Finance fellows will be based in Lansing and report directly to AJ Ennis. Responsibilities will include:
- Identify new donor prospects for candidates and caucus members throughout the state
- Assist with the maintenance and update of critical campaign databases
- Complete essential donor research on new prospects
- Draft fundraising emails for the Caucus and its members
- Create original graphics for fundraising materials
- Provide occasional staff support for candidates and caucus events
- Assist with any other needs of the campaign office as necessary
We are seeking fellows who excel in problem solving and attention to detail.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting established deadlines and uses time effectively while managing multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate is passionate about movement building by embracing all people, traditions, and state culture.
- The ability to be an excellent team player and collaborator
- Excellent writing skills and a high attention to detail
- Willingness to jump in without hesitation to any task – big or small
- An ongoing interest in continued learning and adaptation based on best practices
- NGP VAN, Google Docs, Dropbox, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office/Excel experience is preferred, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter explaining why you are passionate about electing Democrats to AJ Ennis at email@example.com. Put “MHD Summer Finance Fellowship” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Michigan House Democratic Fund is an equal opportunity employer. MHDF believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect and inclusion.