The Finance Associate position
- Help individual caucus members develop fundraising plans for the 2020 cycle
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance program, including staffing call time, processing thank you notes, data input for incoming checks, and NGP maintenance
- Coordinate caucus and leadership events, including the recruitment of event host committees, sending invitations, and managing event details, and tracking call time and pledges
- Assist members with compliance and campaign finance reporting as necessary
- Assist in donor research and maintaining NGP records of individual and PAC donors
- Assist in building a robust finance fellowship program for college students.
- Assist with email fundraising, as needed
- Provide weekly finance trainings for member staff with the aid of the Compliance Director and Finance Director
- Prior political or fundraising experience a plus, but not required
- A willingness to learn campaign finance, compliance, and other related fields
- An ability to produce detail oriented work in a fast paced environment
- Strong people skills and patience
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Michigan, including access to a vehicle and access to a cell phone and;
- A strong commitment to Democratic values and getting Democrats elected.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package
The Michigan House Democratic Fund is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a staff that reflects our diverse caucus and state.
The Michigan House Democratic Fund is an equal opportunity employer. MHDF believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect and inclusion.