The Michigan House Democratic Fund is seeking a thoughtful, driven, results-oriented Finance Associate to join a team of passionate people working dutifully to win Michigan House races and to put our state on the right path forward.
The Finance Associate position, based in Lansing, MI, reports directly to the Finance Director. He or she will help strategize and implement individually-tailored fundraising plans for existing House members, 2020 candidates, and the caucus at-large. He or she will also provide House members, candidates, and their teams ongoing finance assistance throughout their path to victory.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills, as well as a strong work ethic and unyielding desire to win. He or she must be incredibly detail oriented with the proven ability to manage multiple projects at once. You must be high energy, outgoing, goal-driven, enthusiastic, and willing to travel and work long hours.
- Help individual caucus members develop fundraising plans for the 2020 cycle.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance program, including staffing call time, processing thank you notes, data input for incoming checks, and NGP maintenance.
- Coordinate caucus and leadership events, including the recruitment of event host committees, sending invitations, and managing event details, and tracking call time and pledges.
- Assist members with compliance and campaign finance reporting as necessary.
- Assist in donor research and maintaining NGP records of individual and PAC donors.
- Assist in building a robust finance fellowship program for college students.
- Assist with email fundraising, as needed.
- A strong desire to learn and understand all aspects of campaign fundraising, as well as a desire to work directly with our legislators.
- Willingness to work occasional events and projects outside the normal work hours or weekends.
- Ability to take the initiative and work within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt as circumstances change and is able to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extreme attention to detail at all times.
- At least 1 cycle of campaign fundraising experience is preferable, but not required.
- Past experience with fundraising tools, including NGP, ActBlue, and robust knowledge of Excel and Google Suite, is preferable but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Compensation depends on experience and is competitive. The Michigan House Democratic Fund is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and we intend to fill the position as soon as possible. Please send a cover letter, resume, relevant work samples (finance plans, fundraising emails, call sheets, etc.), and three (3) references to Finance Director Sarah Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Finance Associate” in the subject line.